Subject: Re: RockBoxAsAnApplication

Re: RockBoxAsAnApplication

From: Thomas Martitz via rockbox-dev <rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 22:17:42 +0200

Am 10.09.18 um 21:45 schrieb Olivier Kaloudoff via rockbox-dev:
> Hi list !
>
>   I've been using rockbox in the past and enjoyed it much.
> Today I'm fan of an obsolete platform ... BlackBerry 10. At least one
> of their phone has great audio quality, the Q5. He has an audio Line
> Out, as well.
>    As SDL is available on this platform, I'd be interested by the
> patch referred to in the following wiki .. it would serve as a base
> for a work on porting RockBox as an Application for BlackBerry 10
> smartphones :-)
>
> https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/RockboxAsAnApplication
>
>     By any chance, is there a copy of this patch somewhere ?

This page is out-dated, as it says at the top.
https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/RockboxAsAnApplication2010 is more recent
and reflects the GSoC project that I've implemented.

However, this is also a long time ago. I'm not actually sure about the
current state, but everything should be contained in Rockbox git, no
separate patch needed.

You should be able to build against the SDL target or android (whatever
suits better) and get things going from there.

Best regards.