Subject: Re: Rockbox hosting

Re: Rockbox hosting

From: Paul Louden via rockbox-dev <rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 08:44:57 -0500

I can't speak to the hosting costs and donation rates, but as someone who
ran the forums for a long time, I can see a very real benefit to 'retiring
the old and starting over.' People often want to respond to extremely old
threads, not realizing that the information is outdated and no longer
relevant. Also, as the project changes over the years, there's real value
in re-evaluating the entire layout, looking at which parts are most active
(and seeing if they can be split) and which parts are least active (and
seeing if they can be merged into other areas, or re-focused, etc). I mean,
looking at the forums, they're still more or less the layout I set up more
than a decade ago.

The forums are old, and most of what's in them is, at best, only of
historical interest, and not useful to current and potential future users.