Subject: Bumping arm and m68k toolchains to gcc 4.9.4

Bumping arm and m68k toolchains to gcc 4.9.4

From: Solomon Peachy via rockbox-dev <rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 15:06:27 -0400

I'd like to bump these toolchains to match what we're using on all MIPS
and the various hosted targets. I brought this up a while back and the
general concensus was "after the 3.15 release". Which is now past. :)

I built a couple of m68k and arm targets cleanly, but I only have access
to one, namely the clip+.

Are there any objections to my doing this? We will of course need the
various builders to update their toolchains too. The good news is that
4.9.4 toolchains build cleanly even with the latest gcc 10, so that's
one major developer experience wart that goes away.

I also tried to bump the sh toolchain to 4.9.4, and it ran out of space
on the target, and I didn't feel like trying to debug that, especially
as I haven't owned an archos target for well over a decade. Rather than
spending that effort, IMO it makes more sense to finally bite the bullet
and formally retire the Archose targets, and all HWCODEC stuff while
we're at it.

Thoughts, comments, objections?

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			       pizza at shaftnet dot org
High Springs, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^