Subject: Re: Bumping arm and m68k toolchains to gcc 4.9.4

Re: Bumping arm and m68k toolchains to gcc 4.9.4

From: Solomon Peachy via rockbox-dev <rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2020 14:34:10 -0400

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 04:12:38PM -0400, Solomon Peachy via rockbox-dev wrote:
> Unfortunately, I'm of little help on the testing/stabilization front; my
> m68k target was stolen in 2009 and my only arm target that is (barely)
> usable is a clip+ with very flaky flash.

An update.

Everything seems to function okay on my old clip+ (arm, sansa amsv2).
I'm also able to directly confirm that MIPS native and MIPS hosted
targets still work.

One user on IRC said the iHP-H120 (m68k) target seems to work. arm926
(ipod6g) also seems to be okay, modulo some intermittend bugs with SDL
games (like quake) that already emit a bajillion compile warnings. Most
worrisome, arm7tdmi (ipodmini2g) was completely broken. I belive that
was due to incorrect multilib configuration in my toolchain, but the
tester hasn't spoken back up since I rebuilt everything.

Meanwhile, I managed to get a GCC 4.9.4 sh compiler going, and after a
few minor code (and CFLAG) fixes, was able to successfully build the
archos targets. Only one user out there that expressed a willingness to
try that build, but no other feedback yet.

Back to the bit mines!

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			       pizza at shaftnet dot org
High Springs, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^