Subject: Re: Bumping arm, sh, and m68k toolchains to gcc 4.9.4

Re: Bumping arm, sh, and m68k toolchains to gcc 4.9.4

From: Solomon Peachy via rockbox-dev <rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2020 20:51:23 -0400

On Mon, Jul 06, 2020 at 01:11:05AM +0200, Sebastian Leonhardt via rockbox-dev wrote:
> I have some PP-based players to test. Unfortunately I'll be absent for
> several days now, so it has to wait.

It seems to be okay on the mini2g, but I've not exactly pushed it hard.

> Can I run the old and the new toolchain parallel to do A-B-testing?

They share the same 'arm-elf-eabi-' prefix so they can't be installed to
the same RBDEV_PREFIX location (and share the same $PATH)

I could change the prefix to something different, but from what I can
tell that's generally discouraged.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			      pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      _at_pizza:shaftnet dot org   (matrix)