Subject: Re: Generating non-English voice sets daily (testers needed!)

Re: Generating non-English voice sets daily (testers needed!)

From: Solomon Peachy via rockbox-dev <rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 09:20:29 -0400

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 02:47:33PM -0400, Solomon Peachy via rockbox-dev wrote:
> There is probably no downside to turning this stuff on, but before I do
> so I would appreciate it if folks who speak/understand these languages
> can do a quick sanity-check to make sure the voices are usable and
> useful.

I took the results of my last test run and uploaded everything here:

  https://download.rockbox.org/VOICE_TEST/

If you can, please grab the appropriate voice file(s) for your device
and let me know if they sound okay. (You will need to pair it with a
daily build from roughly the same day; these files will _not_ work with
the last stable release!)

> [1] English, Serbian, Polish, American English, Russian, Greek, Slovak,
> Norgeigan, Italian, and German

If your particular language is not on this list, it's becuase there is
under 95% string coverage for that language. Please visit
https://translate.rockbox.org to see what's missing -- Patches welcome!

Cheers,

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			      pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      _at_pizza:shaftnet dot org   (matrix)