Subject: Re: Generating non-English voice sets daily (testers needed!)

Re: Generating non-English voice sets daily (testers needed!)

From: XavierGr via rockbox-dev <rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 21:25:11 +0200

On Sat, 11 Jul 2020 at 20:52, Solomon Peachy via rockbox-dev <
rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:
> So, I just have to flip a switch and all languages with >= 95% string
> coverage [1] will get voices automagically generated every evening,
> using the espeak-ng engine's default voice for that language.
>
> Feedback appreciated!

I tested the Greek voice file on an old Rasher's Simulator build (from
2018). Other than the occasional mis-matched string - because the simulator
build is too old and menus have changed since then - the lang file seems to
work.
Having said that, the quality of the voice file is in general low and the
articulation is very robot-like, but I guess this is better than nothing.

Thanks and best regards.