Subject: Re: Generating non-English voice sets daily (testers needed!)

Re: Generating non-English voice sets daily (testers needed!)

From: Solomon Peachy via rockbox-dev <rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 10:08:29 -0400

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 01:34:24PM +0000, Steph MM _at_ yahoo via rockbox-dev wrote:
> What kind of work is required to reach 100% coverage for French. I am
> ready to help but my skills are limited.

Visit https://translate.rockbox.org/ and you will see the state of all
translations. Clicking on the name of the langage will allow you to
make changes, and it will generate a patch for you to send back to us.

> If that's needed, I can easily translate and record any list of
> individual english voice files.

Currently all voice files are synthesized using the strings in the
translated language files, but if one were so inclined they could record
each individual clip. It would be a lot of work; there are over 1000
individual strings.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			      pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      _at_pizza:shaftnet dot org   (matrix)