Subject: Updates on our gerrit instance

Updates on our gerrit instance

From: Solomon Peachy via rockbox-dev <rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 20:19:59 -0400

In no particular order:

 * As of a week or so ago, we're _finally_ running a
   still-currently-supported version. (3.1.x)

 * As of today, GitLab authentication _finally_ works! So currently,
   generic OpenID, Google, GitHub, and GitLab can all be used.

 * The SSH host key used by gerrit is _very_ old, and modern openssh
   doesn't want to work with it by default. I'm intending to migrate to
   a new new host key, but until I do, you'll need to add this to your
   ~/.ssh/config :

     host gerrit.rockbox.org
         PubkeyAcceptedKeyTypes ssh-rsa

 * You can associate multiple external authentication hooks with a
   single gerrit account, by logging into one, and (in theory) going to
   your settings and clicking on "add another identity". I say "in
   theory" because there is actually a bug [1] in upstream gerrit that
   prevents this from showing up. Until upstream fixes this problem, to
   associate another external ID with your account, hit this URL when
   you're logged in:

      https://gerrit.rockbox.org/r/login/?link

 * Some time ago, google dropped its use of openid, moving purely to
   OAUTH.. Unfortunately there isn't really a way for gerrit to map
   google oauth credentials back to legacy openid credentials,
   potentially leading to..

 * If you try to log into gerrit and you get a single-word "Forbidden"
   response then there is already a gerrit account associated with the
   email address returned by the OpenID/OAUTH credentials you tried to
   use. Please use different credentials, and/or contact me directly
   (email or irc) and I'll see what I can do to un-wedge things.

 * I spent some time today cleaning up the 30-odd places where the same
   email address was associated with more than one account. In the
   process I marked a bunch of duplicated accounts as inactive and moved
   associated credentials to a single one.

I think that should do it. As always, holler if something goes awry.

 [1] https://bugs.chromium.org/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=14498

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			      pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      _at_pizza:shaftnet dot org   (matrix)