Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /sites/ on line 96 Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /sites/ on line 96 Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /sites/ on line 96 Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /sites/ on line 104 Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /sites/ on line 845 Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /sites/ on line 111 FS#10691 : Rbutil will not autodetect e200v2 in win7



FS#10691 - Rbutil will not autodetect e200v2 in win7

Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by Michael Chicoine (mc2739) - Monday, 19 October 2009, 13:06 GMT
Last edited by Michael Chicoine (mc2739) - Tuesday, 26 July 2011, 23:33 GMT
Task Type Bugs
Category Rbutil
Status Closed
Assigned To No-one
Operating System Another
Severity Low
Priority Normal
Reported Version Daily build (which?)
Due in Version Undecided
Due Date Undecided
Percent Complete 100%
Votes 0
Private No


Rbutil v1.2.3 will not autodetect e200v2 in win7.

It will autodetect e200v2 in winxp.

It will autodetect e200v1 in win7.
This task depends upon

Closed by  Michael Chicoine (mc2739)
Tuesday, 26 July 2011, 23:33 GMT
Reason for closing:  Out of Date
Additional comments about closing:  works in latest release of RockboxUtility (v1.2.10)
Comment by Dominik Wenger (Domonoky) - Tuesday, 20 October 2009, 21:15 GMT
Can you give us a Log file from this problem ?

Ie. try Autodetect on win7 and afterwards go to About->Troubleshoot->System Trace and save the log. Then post it here.
Comment by Michael Chicoine (mc2739) - Tuesday, 20 October 2009, 23:07 GMT
Here is the system trace log.

This is what I did:
1. I verified the e200v2 was in MSC mode.
2. I start rbutil - it has e200v1 selected (from a previous run).
3. I click the change button. The Configuration window opens with the Sandisk branch expanded and the e200v1 selected.
4. I click the Autodetect button and the Sandisk branch collapses. All other branches are also collapsed.
5. I click OK and get a configuration error message "No player selected".

I ran rbutil normally and as administrator and attached both log files.
Comment by Dominik Wenger (Domonoky) - Thursday, 22 October 2009, 16:25 GMT
This looks really strange.
The logs show, that the autodetection found a e200v2 on E:/ via the rockbox-info.txt file in both runs. I really wonder why it doesnt select the e200v2 on win7.
Comment by Dominik Riebeling (bluebrother) - Thursday, 22 October 2009, 22:00 GMT
This looks pretty much like a BuildNames mess issue to me: autodetection finds an "e200v2" via rockbox-info.txt, but the string used for identifying the player internally is "sansae200v2" instead. The same issue should appear for the e200, but for that detection usually works using sansapatcher.
Comment by Michael Chicoine (mc2739) - Thursday, 22 October 2009, 23:07 GMT
Here is the log from my winxp system where it did autodetect. It detected on the USB string. Both the win7 log and the winxp log appear to have the same string, but in the winxp log, there are 2 identical strings together. In the win7 log they are not together.

Edit: I just tried my e200v1 on win7 again, it did not autodetect, although I sure thought it did previously. I am attaching the log from this also.
Comment by Dominik Wenger (Domonoky) - Monday, 26 October 2009, 20:47 GMT
Yes, this is a problem with the naming mess.
All Logs show that it detects via rockbox-info.txt, but the names from rockbox-info.txt are not what rbutil expects.

What is strange, is that the rbutil-xp.log shows a "sansae200v2" from rockbox-info.txt, which is what rbutil expects, but the current build does contain the "e200v2" string ?
Comment by Michael Chicoine (mc2739) - Monday, 26 October 2009, 23:56 GMT
I thought in rbutil-xp.log it detected here:
[System] "USBSTOR\DiskSanDisk_Sansa_e260______v03."
[USB] detected supported player "sansae200v2"

or is this where it was detected?
[RockboxInfo] trying to find rockbox-info at "E:/"
[Autodetect] rockbox-info.txt detected: "sansae200v2" "E:/"

I guess I'm really confused. I thought that the USB VID-PID were used for detection.
In the win 7 log, the VID-PID for the e200v2 is listed: [System] "USB\VID_0781&PID_7423&REV_<=>4"
Comment by Dominik Riebeling (bluebrother) - Wednesday, 28 October 2009, 18:42 GMT
The current state of the autodetection is problematic at best. What's happening in your log is quite simple: autodetection runs the USB detection first, then tries other methods. Now if the detection based on rockbox-info.txt succeeds it overwrites the already detected target string, thus the string in rockbox-info.txt is relevant. If that string is wrong (because rockbox-info.txt uses a different string) it will obviously fail. This needs to get fixed in the autodetection functionality.

It's still rather strange why the Windows 7 setup shows a different string.