FS#5386 - Long Songs don't seem to work

Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by David Koster (d-skyman) - Thursday, 18 May 2006, 17:40 GMT
Task Type Bugs
Category Music playback
Status Closed
Assigned To No-one
Operating System iPod 5G
Severity High
Priority Normal
Reported Version
Due in Version Undecided
Due Date Undecided
Percent Complete 100%
Votes 0
Private No


I played songs with a long playing time (mine was 8 mins) the song skips every few seconds. Strangly enough if i go back into file manager (select button) it doesn't skip anymore. NMaybe someone could have a look at that.
Thanks a lot,
This task depends upon

Closed by  Steve Bavin (pondlife)
Monday, 02 October 2006, 12:56 GMT
Reason for closing:  Invalid
Additional comments about closing:  The original problem is just down to CPU use. OP has not added any info regarding secondsry (sample rate?) problem and can open a new task for that if required.
Comment by Paul Louden (darkkone) - Thursday, 18 May 2006, 19:14 GMT
Does it not do this with other songs of the same format and bitrate?
Comment by Peter D'Hoye (petur) - Thursday, 18 May 2006, 23:01 GMT
use a wps without peakmeters and if needed disable EQ/crossfeed/.... you know, audio tweaking settings
Comment by Martin Muchowski (Milkmaster) - Friday, 19 May 2006, 13:59 GMT
It doesn't seem to be about track length, rather about scrolling any long ID3 Data in wps. I have the same problem on my h320 with a 2:13 track, that has a title so long that it scrolls. Whereas other tracks, longer than 10 minutes and with short titles, that don't scroll, play fine. All tracks are LAME --aps-encoded. (I'm not giving configuration details, because I just wanted to ppoint out, what causes this. If someone thinks it is necessary to do it anyway, I'll upload my .cfg)
Comment by Martin Muchowski (Milkmaster) - Friday, 19 May 2006, 14:27 GMT
Update: I now know exactly, what causes the stuttering (I know, it's CPU load, but I mean the cause for it): Scrolling settings. Going up on speed and going down on steps per pixel seems to up the load heavily. I'm sorry if this is a known fact/bug already, just wanted to state it.
Comment by David Koster (d-skyman) - Friday, 19 May 2006, 15:22 GMT
Oh..ok! well...seems as if you know what the problem is. It wasn't the long ID3 data and it wasn't the bitrate. I tried other songs with high bitrates and it worked.
So..and i changed around all kinds of sound settings and it still did not work. It know only happens from time to time.

But I found something else. With these songs (tool - 10,000 days) that i had the problems described here I also found that they are played slower than they should be.
Does anybody know why that could be...I'll try to figure out what is different on those songs from the others.