Rockbox

  • Status Closed
  • Percent Complete
    100%
  • Task Type Bugs
  • Category Database
  • Assigned To No-one
  • Operating System All players
  • Severity Low
  • Priority Very Low
  • Reported Version Daily build (which?)
  • Due in Version Undecided
  • Due Date Undecided
  • Votes
  • Private
Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by Tim Crist - 2007-12-23
Last edited by Jonas Häggqvist - 2008-08-03

FS#8360 - Files missing from text file when using the Export Modifications database feature

I just started experimenting with the ‘Export modifications’ feature of the Rockbox database and have notice that some files included in the database in Rockbox are not being exported to the ‘database_changelog.txt’ file. Specifically, files with the following characteristics are being excluded:

[1] An ampersand (&) in the file path e.g. anything under the ‘Punk & Ska’ directory
[2] File names with non-standard letters e.g. ‘06 Bück Dich.ogg’

I’m experiencing this issue using build version r15960-071222 (no patches) on a Gigabeat F40. I’ve not tried the export feature before now, so I can’t say whether this was a problem in prior builds. Thank you in advance for any support on this.

Closed by  Jonas Häggqvist
2008-08-03 09:16
Reason for closing:  Fixed
Additional comments about closing:  

By request of submitter.

PaulJam commented on 2008-06-23 22:31

Hi,
could you please verify if this is still a problem for you?
I just created a database_changelog.txt on my H300 with r17765 and songs with the following file paths appear in the changelog:
“/Musik/Demons & Wizards/Touched By The Crimson King/01 Crimson King.mp3” “/Musik/Queensrÿche/Operation- Mindcrime II/01 Freiheit Ouvertüre.mp3”

But i think i have seen a similar issue where only songs that were played at least once appeared in the changelog and the others were missing. Could it be that you have seen this (and that they contained special characters was just a coincidence)?
I’m not yet sure how to reproduce it, though.

Robert Kukla commented on 2008-06-24 12:14

The db export (by design) only exports files that have “run-time” data such as rating, playcount etc. I am not aware of any difficulties with non-ascii characters of which I have lots.

Tim Crist commented on 2008-06-28 00:09

I’ve since updated to r17211 and am still experiencing the same problem. The songs have been played and appear in the database, they just do not show up as part of the export file. It’s literally hundreds of songs that are being excluded and the only thing they have in common is the use of special characters. I need to make some significant WPS changes before I can update to the newest version, as soon as I get some time I’ll do so and report back.

Robert Kukla commented on 2008-06-28 13:23

Could you double check? I have just tried your example of ‘06 Bück Dich.ogg’ and it works as expected. Enable runtime data collection, init database, play file once. Play it again to make sure it is committed to the db. Export database, check file is in there…

PaulJam commented on 2008-07-18 14:56

I have a (quite far fetched) theory what could be that reason for the behavior you are seeing. I’ve read a forum post where you describe how you sync the ratings with MediaMonkey ( http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=16464.msg128218#msg128218 ) and i have noticed that if the database_changelog.txt is in ANSI format instead of UTF-8 then all entries with special characters get ignored while importing the file. Now if you export the changes again then only the files with special characters are missing because there was no runtimedata imported for them.

So could you please check the encoding of the database_changelog.txt that is created with your method of syncing the ratings?

Tim Crist commented on 2008-08-03 06:08

Finally got some time to look at this. My original methodology was no longer working so I ended up writing a new script that created the changelog file from scratch, utilizing the field information imported by MediaMonkey. After saving the resulting changelog file using UTF-8, all entries excluded from the previous file were included and successfully imported by Rockbox (with ratings). My best guess regarding my original issue is that it did indeed have something to do with not utilizing the correct codepage (UTF-8).

This bug report can be closed, thanks again for everyone’s help in working through this.

Loading...

Available keyboard shortcuts

Tasklist

Task Details

Task Editing