• Status Closed
  • Percent Complete
  • Task Type Patches
  • Category Operating System/Drivers
  • Assigned To No-one
  • Operating System Another
  • Severity Low
  • Priority Very Low
  • Reported Version Version 3.1
  • Due in Version Undecided
  • Due Date Undecided
  • Votes
  • Private
Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by jpcasainho - 2009-03-23
Last edited by Daniel Stenberg - 2009-03-30

FS#10045 - Lyre port patch

This patch id for apply on Rockbox sourceSVN version 20485.

This is the first pacth for the Lyre music player and recorder (were named as Rockbox Player).

This patch is for the bootloader and just make the kernel_init() working. I tested it using sleep(4*HZ) on JTAG debug.

Closed by  Daniel Stenberg
2009-03-30 12:22
Reason for closing:  Accepted
Additional comments about closing:  

Thanks committed to SVN in rev 20574

Dominik Riebeling commented on 2009-03-23 07:44

The patch contains heaps of C++-style comments. Rockbox doesn’t use C++-style comments in C files. Furthermore, all keyword lines ($Id$) are broken – the closing $ is missing.

Dave Chapman commented on 2009-03-23 07:47

Nice work on getting this far.

Some cosmetic comments (I mentioned these in IRC as well):

1) “//” shouldn’t be used (use /* …. */)
2) No TAB characters.
3) No lines longer than 80 characters
4) Some files have a mixture of DOS and Unix line endings (this shows as ^M characters at the end of some lines in my editor (emacs))
5) For a bootloader patch, no need to include apps/keymaps/keymap-lyre.c

Dave Chapman commented on 2009-03-23 08:10

Some more comments:

You’ve created a new target simply called “Lyre”. I’m assuming that there will be various different versions of this player - at least a couple of prototypes, and then a “real” device. You may want to call the target that this patch is for something like LYRE_PROTO1 (Prototype 1). If you do that, then you (or other developers) can add further targets for other variations of your device.

In config-lyre.h, you define “BOOTFILE_EXT” to be “rockboxplayerlittle” - this should be changed to “lyre”.

Is any code in your patch (e.g. at91sam9260.h) taken from the Atmel SDK? If so, then you should include a header file from that project, including their copyright and license information.

Plus one more cosmetic comment - some of your code is indented with two spaces, not the Rockbox standard four.

Project Manager
Daniel Stenberg commented on 2009-03-23 08:19

The comment for LCD_DEPTH in the config file says 65535 colours, but that’s not right is it? AFAIU, you have 444 on the actual LCD with gives *64* colours. The 16 bits 565 (and thus 64K colours) is only what you keep internally in the frame buffer.

jpcasainho commented on 2009-03-23 22:14

Here is the patch again, for revision 20502.

The only thing missing is the “at91sam9260.h” because it is big and I need more time to format is style.

Is there anything more that need to be worked?

Dave Chapman commented on 2009-03-25 07:29

That last patch is looking better, but you didn’t respond to my comments about renaming this target to something like “Lyre Prototype 1”, or the BOOTFILE_EXT change.

jpcasainho commented on 2009-03-25 11:27

Dave Chapman (linuxstb), I will work on the changes you said. Right now I am busy working the “at91sam9260.h”. As soon as I have it I will put here the patch again :-) Thank you.

jpcasainho commented on 2009-03-26 20:33

Here is :-) I hope is all ok.

Maurus Cuelenaere commented on 2009-03-27 09:53

You added tool=”$rootdir/tools/scramble -add=lyp1” but seem to have forgotten the tools/scramble.c part.

jpcasainho commented on 2009-03-27 10:20

Ok, thanks. So I changed that line to: tool=”cp” . I think there should be no problem since the main task for now is having the kernel_init().


Available keyboard shortcuts


Task Details

Task Editing