FS#11710 - Playback of Musepack files broken in IAudio X5V release 3.7

Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by Abel (username_already_taken) - Monday, 01 November 2010, 15:31 GMT
Last edited by Andree Buschmann (Buschel) - Monday, 01 November 2010, 20:58 GMT
Task Type Bugs
Category Music playback
Status Closed
Assigned To No-one
Operating System iAudio X5
Severity Low
Priority Normal
Reported Version Daily build (which?)
Due in Version Undecided
Due Date Undecided
Percent Complete 100%
Votes 0
Private No


From this forum thread :

Some Musepack SV8 files files cause the player to freeze near the end of the track. Usually in the last 5 seconds or so, but in my limited testing I found a file (sample uploaded) where it happens at about 20 seconds from the end of the track. I have to turn off the system with the power button because it doesn't respond to anything else, nor does it output any error message, it just freezes in the wps.

I've read and it doesn't appear to be the same issue since none of the files in cause any problems.

All was fine in release 3.6 up until the daily build of July 11 at least, the next daily build I installed was from October 16 and since then I started to have problems with MPC.
   test.mpc (809.5 KiB)
This task depends upon

Closed by  Andree Buschmann (Buschel)
Monday, 01 November 2010, 20:58 GMT
Reason for closing:  Fixed
Additional comments about closing:  Fixed with trunk/r28437 and v3_7/r28438
Comment by MichaelGiacomelli (saratoga) - Monday, 01 November 2010, 16:14 GMT
Tested on the sansa clip+ and it doesn't crash, so it may be a coldfire specific bug.
Comment by Alex Parker (BigBambi) - Monday, 01 November 2010, 16:38 GMT
Froze on 37s on H100, needed to use the reset button
Comment by Abel (username_already_taken) - Monday, 01 November 2010, 16:46 GMT
I don't know if this is useful or not, but I'll add that I downloaded the current UI Simulator for X5 (2010-11-01 11:58 CET) and it doesn't appear to have any problems with mpc files.
Comment by Nils Wallménius (nls) - Monday, 01 November 2010, 18:07 GMT
Enabling the coldfire specific get_code_from_buffer function in a sim causes it to segfault at 37s in that file so this seems to be the culprit.