• Status Closed
  • Percent Complete
  • Task Type Bugs
  • Category Database
  • Assigned To No-one
  • Operating System iPod 5G
  • Severity High
  • Priority Very Low
  • Reported Version Release 3.8
  • Due in Version Undecided
  • Due Date Undecided
  • Votes
  • Private
Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by stripwax - 2011-03-01
Last edited by sideral - 2011-03-02

FS#11976 - database-related (?) data aborts with 3.8

With an install of 3.8, when I initialise database from the menu, all seems to be ok. However, when I enable Auto Update=Yes, I get a data abort (around address 0004exxx , didn’t keep a note of the address) shortly after rebooting. On subsquent reboot, I reproducibly get a data abort during the Committing Database 4/9 step.

Following irc conversation, I’m posting metadata logs. the referenced file is too large to attach here by I can forward it to you if you think it is relevant.

I can also post the actual database files from rockbox (the ones that appear to reproducibly data abort at 4/9), as I backed these up before deleting them. Needed to delete them so I could use rockbox again.

Closed by  sideral
2011-03-02 07:24
Reason for closing:  Out of Date
Additional comments about closing:   Warning: Undefined array key "typography" in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parserutils.php on line 371 Warning: Undefined array key "camelcase" in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parserutils.php on line 407

Apparently unrelated to the database. The metadata log suggested random data corruption (corrupted file paths), which may be why disabling ATA DMA (r29476) may have fixed the problem.

Reproduced example. new metadata log attached. Operation was: enable database Auto Update=Yes. Turn off. Turn back on & quickly go to system→debug→metadata log to enable it. I even left it on that menu - I don’t have auto playback resume on poweron so no audio buffering should have been taking place.

At a guess, the metadata.log appends (I didn’t delete any existing metadata log when doing the previous testing). i made sure i deleted metadata.log prior to this test.

At sideral’s advice in irc , I tried a recent svn build incorporating r29476. i have not been able to reproduce the Data Abort since then..


Available keyboard shortcuts


Task Details

Task Editing