Rockbox

  • Status Closed
  • Percent Complete
    100%
  • Task Type Patches
  • Category Rbutil
  • Assigned To No-one
  • Operating System Another
  • Severity Low
  • Priority Very Low
  • Reported Version Release 3.10
  • Due in Version Undecided
  • Due Date Undecided
  • Votes
  • Private
Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by elelay - 2012-04-29
Last edited by bluebrother - 2014-04-03

FS#12659 - RBUtilqt: Lets devices be detected on Mac OS X

I’m on Mac OSX 10.6.8.
Before these patches I was not able to use Rockbox Utility to install Rockbox on my Sansa Clip+.
It seems to be because the code uses an API not available on 10.6.
I’m attaching the patches in hope that it will lead to a proper solution (I’ve just overriden calls with the new calls, but this makes the utility incompatible with Mac OS X 10.4 ; there must be a way using conditional preprocessor sections).

Closed by  bluebrother
2014-04-03 18:57
Reason for closing:  Out of Date
Additional comments about closing:  

Pretty much the same changes as posted have been done recently. Also, support for targeting 64bit is now included. Sorry, lost track of this still being open.

Can you please explain the problem you’re trying to solve, and if possible a system trace that shows it?

1. Using 10.6 headers will break all older versions, and I have no problems using the code as it is right now (i.e. the current IOKit includes). What makes you believe that the new ones are needed?
2. PBHGetVolParmsSync is present in my 10.6 SDK headers. It’s marked as deprecated, but why do you think you can’t use it?

Furthermore, the Clip+ uses the AMS bootloader installation method which doesn’t use Utils::filesystemName() so I don’t understand why you shouldn’t be able to use Rockbox Utility for installing on the Clip+. Or is your problem merely you not being able to build Rockbox Utility? Which version of XCode are you using? I’m on 10.6.8 myself and don’t have any problems (using XCode 3)

Yes, I should have started with that.
At the time I got my Clip+ (in March), RBUtilQt would not let me install Rockbox on my CLIPZ. I always got errors about the Mount point (can’t remember which message now) in the autodection or even manual selection.
So I installed RB manually, no problem.
When I set to it, I downloaded the code, used Qt from Macports, wasn’t able to compile with XCode 3.2.6, messed with things until it compiled.
Without 0002-use-new-10.5-or-later-call-to-get-volume-details.patch I got the same error messages in the setup window of rbutilqt, with the patch I didn’t get error messages.

Now I can’t reproduce the problem with the published RBUtilQT 1.2.13 (I updated to the latest version in between, could it be that ?).

oh dear, did I say clip+ ? I mean Clip ZIP !

I’ve been compiling for x86_64 only, and HParamBlockRec is not available for 64 bit applications, dixit apple (https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Carbon/Reference/File_Manager/Reference/reference.html#jumpTo_235)
Here is the output error without the patch :
/usr/bin/g++-4.2 -c -pipe -g -gdwarf-2 -arch x86_64 -Xarch_x86_64 -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -arch i386 -Wall -W -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk -DDBG -DRBUTIL -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/opt/local/share/qt4/mkspecs/macx-g++ -I. -Ibuild/moc -I. -Iirivertools -Izlib -Ibase -Izlib -Igui -I../ipodpatcher -I../sansapatcher -I../../tools/rbspeex -I../../tools -I/usr/local/include -I/opt/local/include/QtGui -I/opt/local/include/QtNetwork -I/opt/local/include/QtCore -I/opt/local/include -Ibuild/ui -o build/o/utils.o base/utils.cpp
base/utils.cpp: In static member function ‘static QString Utils::filesystemName(QString)’:
base/utils.cpp:161: error: ‘HParamBlockRec’ was not declared in this scope
base/utils.cpp:161: error: expected `;’ before ‘hpb’
base/utils.cpp:162: error: ‘hpb’ was not declared in this scope
base/utils.cpp:167: error: ‘PBHGetVolParmsSync’ was not declared in this scope
lipo: can’t open input file: /var/folders/+Y/+Yyb3hqmGZOK9EZLoa0lc++++TI/-Tmp-//ccTBNRkA.out (No such file or directory)
make: *** [build/o/utils.o] Error 1

You can ignore it since you build universal/32bits I suppose.

For the mountpoint errors: this is a different bug that has been fixed in current git (but it’s still present in 1.2.13). However, this problem only occurs if you never selected a mountpoint, and you can work around that by selecting a different mountpoint first.

For building as 64bit application only: ok, now I understand the problem :) Currently we’re still building as 32bit only application (since we still support OS X 10.4) so this isn’t an issue right now.

Loading...

Available keyboard shortcuts

Tasklist

Task Details

Task Editing