• Status Closed
  • Percent Complete
  • Task Type Patches
  • Category
  • Assigned To No-one
  • Operating System All players
  • Severity Low
  • Priority Very Low
  • Reported Version
  • Due in Version Undecided
  • Due Date Undecided
  • Votes
  • Private
Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by ohrn - 2006-03-14

FS#4829 - Pacbox improvements on H300

blitt.diff contains an assembler implementation of blit_display, adds about 1 FPS.
iram.diff moves the palette array to iram, adds another FPS.
joystick.diff enables the joystick on the H300 remote.

Closed by  linuxstb
2006-03-18 09:14
Reason for closing:  Accepted
Additional comments about closing:   Warning: Undefined array key "typography" in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parserutils.php on line 371 Warning: Undefined array key "camelcase" in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parserutils.php on line 407

All patches now in CVS.

Thanks for these. I've committed blit.diff and iram.diff (modifying the IRAM patch to only apply it for Coldfire targets - it actually slows down the iPod).

I'm not sure about joystick.diff though - is there a reason you are checking (status == PACMAN_LEFT) instead of (status & PACMAN_LEFT) ? Also, it seems a little "#ifdef" heavy IMO - you could possibly just use a single #ifdef to surround all the checks for remote buttons.

ohrn commented on 2006-03-15 12:50

I added the the #ifdefs in case there are other suitable remotes that might not have as many buttons.
Changed to a single test for PACMAN_RC_ENABLE instead.

I changed the button tests to == becasue I thought it looked prettier. :)
The == test must stay for the RC buttons though, becasue they all have a common bit BUTTON_REMOTE.

Also I forgot to include a test for PACMAN_RC_MENU, fixed now.

ohrn commented on 2006-03-15 22:03

Moving the Z80 registers and a lookup table to IRAM gives a major improvement, pacbox now runs at ~18.5 FPS.

ohrn commented on 2006-03-16 21:08

Improves speed on all ColdFire targets.


Available keyboard shortcuts


Task Details

Task Editing