• Status Closed
  • Percent Complete
  • Task Type Bugs
  • Category ID3 / meta data
  • Assigned To No-one
  • Operating System All players
  • Severity Medium
  • Priority Very Low
  • Reported Version
  • Due in Version Undecided
  • Due Date Undecided
  • Votes
  • Private
Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by afarber - 2006-03-31

FS#4978 - TagCache Genre Bug

Firstly, let me say that I am so so happy and excited by Tagcache. Searching by genre has, for me, been the last missing piece in the rockbox firmware. THANK YOU!!!

One thing I’ve noticed, is that when searching by genre, if an artist is listed under a specific genre, you click on that artist and all of their albums are listed regardless of how each one is tagged for genre.

To clarify, I noticed this with my Various Artist albums. For these, I have tagged the artist as “Various”. When I go to a genre that contains any various artist album, rock for example, I click on the genre, then Various, and then all my various artist albums are listed. This is the same for any genre.

Does this make sense? I hope I’m being clear, it’s kinda tough to type.

Looks like this:

Genre –> Rock –> Various –> [All “Various” artist albums listed]
Genre –> Reggae –> Various –> [Same list of all “Various” artist albums listed]

This is probably true for any other artist, but most of my other artists are consistent when it comes to genre, so it works OK. Just very noticible with Various.

Again, not a big deal. Just wanted to point it out. Thanks so much for tagcache!!!


Closed by  bluebrother
2006-09-29 23:21
Reason for closing:  Fixed
Additional comments about closing:   Warning: Undefined array key "typography" in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parserutils.php on line 371 Warning: Undefined array key "camelcase" in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parserutils.php on line 407

fixed according to comments

Ive done some testing on this with some carefully crafted hand-tagged files and I believe this is now fixed.

I’m using CVS-060807 on an H120

However, a similar problem exists for filtering by year, for which I have raised a new bug report:


Available keyboard shortcuts


Task Details

Task Editing