• Status Closed
  • Percent Complete
  • Task Type Bugs
  • Category Music playback
  • Assigned To No-one
  • Operating System iPod 5G
  • Severity High
  • Priority Very Low
  • Reported Version
  • Due in Version Undecided
  • Due Date Undecided
  • Votes
  • Private
Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by d-skyman - 2006-05-18

FS#5386 - Long Songs don't seem to work

I played songs with a long playing time (mine was 8 mins) the song skips every few seconds. Strangly enough if i go back into file manager (select button) it doesn’t skip anymore. NMaybe someone could have a look at that.
Thanks a lot,

Closed by  pondlife
2006-10-02 12:56
Reason for closing:  Invalid
Additional comments about closing:   Warning: Undefined array key "typography" in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parserutils.php on line 371 Warning: Undefined array key "camelcase" in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parserutils.php on line 407

The original problem is just down to CPU use. OP has not added any info regarding secondsry (sample rate?) problem and can open a new task for that if required.

Does it not do this with other songs of the same format and bitrate?

petur commented on 2006-05-18 23:01

use a wps without peakmeters and if needed disable EQ/crossfeed/…. you know, audio tweaking settings

It doesn’t seem to be about track length, rather about scrolling any long ID3 Data in wps. I have the same problem on my h320 with a 2:13 track, that has a title so long that it scrolls. Whereas other tracks, longer than 10 minutes and with short titles, that don’t scroll, play fine. All tracks are LAME –aps-encoded. (I’m not giving configuration details, because I just wanted to ppoint out, what causes this. If someone thinks it is necessary to do it anyway, I’ll upload my .cfg)

Update: I now know exactly, what causes the stuttering (I know, it’s CPU load, but I mean the cause for it): Scrolling settings. Going up on speed and going down on steps per pixel seems to up the load heavily. I’m sorry if this is a known fact/bug already, just wanted to state it.

Oh..ok! well…seems as if you know what the problem is. It wasn’t the long ID3 data and it wasn’t the bitrate. I tried other songs with high bitrates and it worked.
So..and i changed around all kinds of sound settings and it still did not work. It know only happens from time to time.

But I found something else. With these songs (tool - 10,000 days) that i had the problems described here I also found that they are played slower than they should be.
Does anybody know why that could be…I’ll try to figure out what is different on those songs from the others.


Available keyboard shortcuts


Task Details

Task Editing