• Status Closed
  • Percent Complete
  • Task Type Bugs
  • Category Playlists
  • Assigned To No-one
  • Operating System All players
  • Severity Medium
  • Priority Very Low
  • Reported Version
  • Due in Version Undecided
  • Due Date Undecided
  • Votes
  • Private
Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by norbusan - 2006-12-13
Last edited by bluebrother - 2008-03-16

FS#6435 - Queueing and accented characters

HI all!
This is related to FS #5089, but a bit different:
If I add a file to the current playlist which contains accented characters in the path/filename part, it is not recognized but shown with (ERR) at the beginning.

Closed by  bluebrother
2008-03-16 14:43
Reason for closing:  Fixed
Additional comments about closing:   Warning: Undefined array key "typography" in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parserutils.php on line 371 Warning: Undefined array key "camelcase" in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parserutils.php on line 407

fixed according to the comments, plus no response for several months.

petur commented on 2006-12-13 21:36

sorry, unable to reproduce. This is what I tried on my h340
- browse to a dir and start a cd without accents
- short-press navi to go to the browser
- long-press navi on an accented file and select playlist→insert
- back to wps
- long-press navi and view playlist (everything ok)

the file and path had accented and other weird letters - it was a Sigur Rós song ;)

Hi Peter!
You are right, it is non-trivial to repeat it.
When I create a dynamic playlist by entering a directory and selecting one song, ie creating a playlist of all songs in this directory, and THEN selecting a song with accents in it, then it works.
But when I load a playlist .m3u, ie in latin1 encoding, and then select a song with accented chars in it, it does not work.
Can you reproduce this?
Of course, it could also be that my own builds have some bug, but the patches do not touch this stuff.
Bye Norbert

nls commented on 2006-12-13 22:10

Please try using an official cvs or daily build to reproduce the problem.

Confirmed with the latest H340 build. But to be honest, it seems to be a problem with playlists in latin1 encoding which I have created long before the m3u8/m3u distinction. If I load a m3u8 then there are no problems at all.

nls commented on 2006-12-13 22:40

HAve you tried setting your “Default Codepage” to latin1? .m3u is supposed to be loaded with the set encoding.

Yes, Default Codepage is set to latin1. I think the problem is NOT the loading of a m3u playlist, BUT the queueing/dynamic additon of a file to a playlist which was loaded in latin1 mode.

I.e., load a m3u playlist, ie in latin1. Then go to the browser and select a file with accents and select queue next. Then I got an error.


petur commented on 2006-12-14 09:11

I’m sorry, unicode and codepages are not my field of knowledge.

It might not matter, but I just wanted to add that I’m experiencing the same problem on my H120. My default codepage is set to latin1. I can then load any playlist (with or without songs with accents) – all the songs in the playlist will play fine. But as Norbert said, anytime I use the file browser to enqueue a new song with accents into the playlist, that song is not played (skipped over) and it has (ERR) next to it in the playlist.

dfe commented on 2007-03-12 21:34

I too can confirm this bug on my H140 (Build 12732-070312). Regular directory playlists with accented characters play fine but songs inserted/queued into playlists loaded from (in my case) the /Playlists directory don’t play and show (ERR) when viewing the playlist. I wondered why my Icelandic songs weren’t playing!
Note that it seems to be where there is an accented char *anywhere* in the path/filename.

As of r15860M-071130, this bug seems to have been resolved (at least for me on my H120).


Available keyboard shortcuts


Task Details

Task Editing