• Status Closed
  • Percent Complete
  • Task Type Patches
  • Category Manual
  • Assigned To No-one
  • Operating System All players
  • Severity Low
  • Priority Very Low
  • Reported Version
  • Due in Version Undecided
  • Due Date Undecided
  • Votes
  • Private
Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by rossic - 2007-01-24
Last edited by RaeNye - 2007-01-24

FS#6569 - Chapter 4, Playlist edits

I successfully made myself look stupid on the forums recently by being confused by the manual, and it was recommended that I update it.

Chapter 4.1.3 “Playlist Submenu” and chapter 4.4.3 “Adding music to playlists” are nearly identical. Most parts are word for word. I consolidated the information into the 4.4.3 section because I feel that the Playlist Submenu has very little to do the “File Browser” (4.1) and a whole lot to do with “Working with Playlists” (4.4).

I also added to sections that had no information in them (4.4.5). If I was more familiar with the Playlist Catalog I would edit that section as well.

I am new to Rockbox (2 months), LaTeX, and Flyspray so please be gentle. This is also the first time I have ever made a diff and the first time I made one with SVNTortoise.

I would love comments, as I cannot compile this on my end… yet. I have had issues compiling in general recently. I apologize for not testing this on my end in advance.

Closed by  bluebrother
2007-01-24 19:32
Reason for closing:  Fixed
Additional comments about closing:   Warning: Undefined array key "typography" in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parserutils.php on line 371 Warning: Undefined array key "camelcase" in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parserutils.php on line 407

I changed the manual with your proposed changes. Unfortunately your patch wasn\'t possible to apply unmodified. If there are still issues by my changes please open a new task, and feel free to contact me on IRC if you need help / discussion with LaTeX / manual stuff.

Thanks for the patch, I’ll try to look into this later today. A small comment from a quick look at the diff:
- don’t use numbers in sections, subsections etc. LaTeX handles this automatically so adding this by hand only causes trouble
- try to run dos2unix on diffs before posting
- you might want to have a look at the LatexGuidelines wiki page, it explains some things that need to be adjusted in your patch.


Available keyboard shortcuts


Task Details

Task Editing