• Status Closed
  • Percent Complete
  • Task Type Bugs
  • Category Music playback
  • Assigned To No-one
  • Operating System Gigabeat F/X
  • Severity Low
  • Priority Very Low
  • Reported Version Daily build (which?)
  • Due in Version Undecided
  • Due Date Undecided
  • Votes
  • Private
Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by emcee303 - 2007-07-31
Last edited by pondlife - 2008-03-25

FS#7508 - Gigabeat X60 Lockup

Select song from file browser. The song plays with no problem and then continues to play songs in order but stops around 5 seconds into the 6th song on the album. Sometimes it will lock up on the 3rd or 4th song.
Symptoms of the issue are:
* Locked up menu - cannot do anything but flick the battery switch. No menu or directional keys respond. Only the LCD turns on after pressing a button, everything else is locked.
I can successfully use January 2007 version of Rockbox.


Closed by  pondlife
2008-03-25 12:45
Reason for closing:  Fixed
Additional comments about closing:   Warning: Undefined array key "typography" in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parserutils.php on line 371 Warning: Undefined array key "camelcase" in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parserutils.php on line 407

The rebuffering has had lots of fixes since this report, doubt this is still an issue.

Which revision are you using?

do you have a recent bootloader?

Hi guys. I downloaded rockbox two days ago and the symptoms were the same. The bootloader was downloaded at the same time from


I suggest you download the very latest revision and get back to us, there were some gigabeat commits not long ago.

Also having similar issues with current bootloader and build r14183 as seen here

Hi Everyone. Sorry for the tardy reply - newborn son came home :) - I’ve just tried the bootloader (21st April 2007) and downloaded current build (5th August 2007 Sydney) from - And unfortunately I’m having the same problem. Cheers.

Hi everyone. I’ve been doing some playing and from what I’ve noticed is the following:
January Build: After playing 4 or 5 songs, the player moves to the next track and shows “(no id3)” - this is shown for the currently playing track and the next track in the WPS. although it rights itself a after a few songs and the player continues on its merry way. This also happen if pushing next track for a few times.
Current Build: After playing 4 or 5 songs, the entire player still locks up.
I’m not sure if this can help with the troubleshooting. I’ve attached a photo of what’s happening, sorry it’s a little blurry but you can see the (no id3) at the bottom of the WPS. This same issue happens regardless of which WPS I’m using.

hope this helps.


   Rockbox.jpg (479.1 KiB)


Available keyboard shortcuts


Task Details

Task Editing