Rockbox

  • Status Closed
  • Percent Complete
    100%
  • Task Type Bugs
  • Category Rbutil
  • Assigned To No-one
  • Operating System Gigabeat F/X
  • Severity Low
  • Priority Very Low
  • Reported Version Daily build (which?)
  • Due in Version Undecided
  • Due Date Undecided
  • Votes
  • Private
Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by whelkman - 2007-09-01
Last edited by bluebrother - 2007-09-03

FS#7693 - rbutilqt Milestone 1 crashes upon Autodetect

rbutilqt crashes immediately when pressing the Autodetect button with my Toshiba Gigabeat F40 w/ Rockbox r14284-070811. It matters not whether I use the cradle or plain USB cable or whether I launch rbutilqt before or after USB interfacing with the Gigabeat.

System is Windows XP SP2 with latest Microsoft Updates. The cable is plugged directly into a USB 2 port.

I successfully updated the unit to r14559-070831 with rbutilqt after manual configuration, but the autodetect bug persists upon a second attempt after deleting configuration details in Application Data.

Closed by  bluebrother
2007-09-03 05:43
Reason for closing:  Fixed
Warning: Undefined array key "useheading" in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parser/xhtml.php on line 1099 Warning: Undefined array key "target" in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parser/xhtml.php on line 557 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parser/xhtml.php on line 557

please try if the problem still persists with the updated version located here: http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uhcn/rockbox/rbutil/rbutilqt.zip

I highly suspect this is the same issue as the one listed on the RockboxUtilityQt wiki page as first issue.

You are correct. I missed that checked items were fixes in subversion and not the provided download. Now Autodetect finds the correct drive, but I’m left to manually select my make and model. It is unclear to a novice user whether this is the correct behavior, but such is off topic for this report. Thank you.

That is not intended and a bug I introduced it when fixing the X5 detection. I updated the binary I linked above, it should be fixed now. Please try and report back so I can close this task. Thanks for reporting.

I tested Autodetect successfully under three scenarios:

1. Already selected drive, make, and model before hitting Autoselect: no change.

2. Intentionally chose incorrect drive, make, and model then hit Autoselect: found correct model.

3. Deleted RockboxUtility.ini, relaunched rbutilqt, then chose Autoselect: found correct model.

Loading...

Available keyboard shortcuts

Tasklist

Task Details

Task Editing