Rockbox

  • Status Closed
  • Percent Complete
    100%
  • Task Type Patches
  • Category User Interface → Language
  • Assigned To No-one
  • Operating System All players
  • Severity Low
  • Priority Very Low
  • Reported Version Daily build (which?)
  • Due in Version Undecided
  • Due Date Undecided
  • Votes
  • Private
Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by polygonal - 2007-09-02
Last edited by bluebrother - 2007-09-14

FS#7697 - Chinese translations for rockbox utility

chinese simp and trad translation and a patch (should patch at the rbutil folder) that adds the translations. I put “zh” for both in the xml file, but I don’t know how rbutil finds out what the language names are, and I don’t know if there is a separate code for chinese simp and trad, AND I don’t have the tools to build rbutil. So the point is, the patch (not the translations themselves, obviously) probably needs more work but I don’t know where or how.

Closed by  bluebrother
2007-09-14 14:52
Reason for closing:  Accepted
Warning: Undefined array key "useheading" in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parser/xhtml.php on line 1099 Warning: Undefined array key "target" in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parser/xhtml.php on line 557 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parser/xhtml.php on line 557 Warning: Undefined array key "useheading" in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parser/xhtml.php on line 1099 Warning: Undefined array key "target" in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parser/xhtml.php on line 557 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parser/xhtml.php on line 557

I believe simple Chinese is labeled zh_CN and traditional is labeled zh_TW, though I'm not completely positive.

See for example:
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-trans-zh_tw http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-trans-zh_cn

Okay, fixed a bunch of my stupidities ;)
The untranslated (and in French! now you see where I copied from) strings should be translated now.
The error in trad file should be fixed - the converter I used seems to eat up ampersands into real ampersands, which caused the error.

Thanks bruebrother for pointing these out in the IRC.

More oops… now the trad file should not give error on the very first line ;) and also spotted two more untranslated strings (I admit I'm not a very careful person…)

I tried the translations and found some issues:
- there are still some french parts. No big thing though, but usually you should start using the Qt tools so that untranslated strings stay untranslated. If you need a new, blank file for translation I can create you one easily. This also ensures that you'll always have the recent strings contained. I put a short guide for translating to the wiki.
- (this is the main issue but solved in rbutil now) both languages have the same display name, i.e. they both translate "English" to the same string. Therefore only one will be available as the 2nd will overwrite the first in the selection list. I added "(Chinese Tradidional)" / "(Chinese Simplified)" at the end of the translation. That way it worked fine – and I'm thinking it would be good to have an english hint of the real language for the cases when fonts are missing (or someone who isn't capable of reading the language looks at the selection – it's kinda nice to see we already have a chinese translation ;-) I also extended the current language selection in rbutil afterwards to use the language string (i.e. something like "zn_TW") for distinguishing so this problem is kinda solved.

fixes… ;)

Loading...

Available keyboard shortcuts

Tasklist

Task Details

Task Editing