FS#8202 - Updated Greek Translation

Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by Alexander Spyridakis (xaviergr) - Wednesday, 21 November 2007, 03:23 GMT
Last edited by Jonathan Gordon (jdgordon) - Thursday, 22 November 2007, 01:45 GMT
Task Type Patches
Category Language
Status Closed
Assigned To No-one
Operating System All players
Severity Low
Priority Normal
Reported Version Daily build (which?)
Due in Version Undecided
Due Date Undecided
Percent Complete 100%
Votes 0
Private No


New Greek language translation based on current svn with complete voice ui.
This task depends upon

Closed by  Jonathan Gordon (jdgordon)
Thursday, 22 November 2007, 01:45 GMT
Reason for closing:  Accepted
Additional comments about closing:  thanks
Comment by Marianne Arnold (pixelma) - Wednesday, 21 November 2007, 14:07 GMT
I reopened it because there are some phrases that look wrong to me with regards to the usage of the [feature]: "" lines in the dest and the voice part. They differ from the english source and defining *: "" twice and differently in some strings doesn't seem right. This especially refers to the first language strings, the best example I could find at first glance is LANG_REMOVE_MMC.

The problem is that I'm not a 100% sure how important that is, so this is open for discussion again. Maybe someone who knows more about the language build system can chip in or it could be discussed further in IRC...
Comment by Alexander Spyridakis (xaviergr) - Wednesday, 21 November 2007, 16:12 GMT
Yes you are right, it seems that some entries I got them wrong, mainly because of the massive copy paste I had to do to fix them for langv2. I will try to search again the whole file for differences and try to correct them.

For the time being nothing breaks but those LANG_IDs will be enabled on targets that don't need them, so of course I should better fix them. Thanks for pointing it out. After editing this file for 3 whole hours I am not surprised to find omissions/errors.
Comment by Alexander Spyridakis (xaviergr) - Wednesday, 21 November 2007, 22:49 GMT
Ok I that this time I got right all those wrong entries. It seems thought that the wrong entries was those that weren't changed from genlang.

Anyway, here is the patch (on current SVN) and sorry for troubling you again.