FS#8366 - Tagalog Language File

Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by Melba Sitjar (peachtoast) - Monday, 24 December 2007, 04:49 GMT
Last edited by Jonas Häggqvist (rasher) - Thursday, 03 January 2008, 21:16 GMT
Task Type Patches
Category Language
Status Closed
Assigned To No-one
Operating System All players
Severity Low
Priority Normal
Reported Version Daily build (which?)
Due in Version Undecided
Due Date Undecided
Percent Complete 100%
Votes 0
Private No


New language for Rockbox. This is still work-in-progress.

Tested and verified working.
This task depends upon

Closed by  Jonas Häggqvist (rasher)
Thursday, 03 January 2008, 21:16 GMT
Reason for closing:  Accepted
Additional comments about closing:  Accepted, thanks a lot. You might want to keep track of the translation status on to know where and when work is needed. You can still use genlang to do the actual translation though, if you prefer.
Comment by Jonas Häggqvist (rasher) - Monday, 24 December 2007, 07:38 GMT
The file ends rather abruptly, so something might have gone wrong somewhere, I assume?

Would you otherwise like it committed as-is, or would you rather wait?
Comment by Melba Sitjar (peachtoast) - Monday, 24 December 2007, 11:05 GMT
I know it ends abruptly, but I was kind of tired when I did this. We used english.lang as a basis but we started this in October using an older version of the file since we started this back in October. If is committed, would it be possible to add the missing strings later or would I need to use a newer version of the english.lang file.
Comment by Jonas Häggqvist (rasher) - Monday, 24 December 2007, 15:37 GMT
As long as the language file only contains fully translated items, it's fairly easy to update it to a current english.lang using the genlang tool (in the tools dir). Just run ../../tools/genlang -u -e=english.lang tagalog.lang > and look through for lines starting with ### and follow the instructions.
Comment by Robert Menes (RMenes379) - Monday, 24 December 2007, 16:25 GMT
As I was helping peachtoast with this translation, we'll fix this right up. Thanks for the advice, rasher.
Comment by harry tu (bookshare) - Monday, 24 December 2007, 23:05 GMT
I would love to see tagalog in rb.
Comment by Melba Sitjar (peachtoast) - Friday, 28 December 2007, 14:27 GMT
Updated version of tagalog.lang; generated using the genlang script and translated as many strings as possible.

I tested this using sims for the Archos, iriver, iPod, and iAUDIO targets. All work.