Rockbox

  • Status Closed
  • Percent Complete
    100%
  • Task Type Bugs
  • Category Plugins
  • Assigned To No-one
  • Operating System iAudio X5
  • Severity Low
  • Priority Very Low
  • Reported Version Daily build (which?)
  • Due in Version Undecided
  • Due Date Undecided
  • Votes
  • Private
Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by bundy - 2008-01-04
Last edited by linusnielsen - 2008-01-09

FS#8402 - vbrfix plugin causes *PANIC* Stkov main

I tried to correct the VBR information in one MP3 which showed above 20 minutes of playtime, even if I know it contains only 4 minutes.

After percentage went quite fast to 99% it stopped here. Almost immediately the “*PANIC* Stkov main” message showed up. I had to restart it.

I even tried to narrow down the problem - added few splashes into vbrfix code. The stack overflow occurs within insert_data_in_file function. The last splash occurred right before renaming of temporal file to original name. The splash after rename never came, as the PANIC halted the unit.

Fortunately I simply renamed the temp file by hand and had a working file.

I even analyzed the original MP3 file (I’ve had a backup) afterwards, it didn’t contain VBR information, nor was there space between ID3 tag and MP3 stream.

Hope this helps to solve the problem.

Closed by  linusnielsen
2008-01-09 12:39
Reason for closing:  Fixed
Additional comments about closing:  

Thanks for your assistance in finding this bug.

Project Manager

Was the file name long?

bundy commented on 2008-01-07 15:21

No. In fact, I suspected the same thing, so I copied it again as \new\01.mp3 and it crashed with the same problem.

Project Manager

Hmmm, I can’t reproduce the problem with my X5. I wonder why…?

bundy commented on 2008-01-08 08:05

I will try to repeat it again with a smaller sample of the same file (i.e. I will cut the mp3) and I may post it somewhere if it persist.

Project Manager

Do you mean that the MP3 file itself is very big? That might be a clue.

bundy commented on 2008-01-09 08:13

Well, the file itself is in reasonable size.

I uploaded another crash sample here: http://rapidshare.com/files/82398812/crash_sample.7z The password for the 7z archive is my nick. It includes a MP3 file, it’s removed VBR frame and my config file.

You don’t need to download the archive. There is a way to reproduce it on your own:
1) take any VBR mp3 file (I tried few, all show the same behavior)
2) remove ID3v2 tag
3) remove first frame, which contains VBR information (any decent hex editor should work)
4) run vbrfix plugin to recover the first frame

It seems like it recovers it, but just before the rename the crash happens.

Loading...

Available keyboard shortcuts

Tasklist

Task Details

Task Editing