Rockbox

Tasklist

FS#9187 - Newer releases, No parition found - JBR FM

Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by Dave Beedle (dbeedle) - Friday, 11 July 2008, 19:59 GMT
Last edited by Robert Kukla (roolku) - Saturday, 12 July 2008, 16:02 GMT
Task Type Bugs
Category Applications
Status Closed
Assigned To No-one
Operating System Archos Recorder
Severity Low
Priority Normal
Reported Version Daily build (which?)
Due in Version Undecided
Due Date Undecided
Percent Complete 100%
Votes 0
Private No

Details

I have an Archos FM Recorder that has worked just fine with Rockbox for ages, up to today. Today I tried to put the latest build on it and started getting a "No partition found. Insert a USB cable to fix it" error.

I replaced an older build that did work. I have scanned the disk, no problems found. If I remove Rockbox or install Release 2.5, the player boots and seems to work fine. I have tried older builds, back to 2008-6-11, and each has the problem (the build I replaced was much older than that but I don't have the version).

Has something changed with Rockbox that I have not yet discovered? Is there anyone that can offer any help?
This task depends upon

Closed by  Robert Kukla (roolku)
Saturday, 12 July 2008, 16:02 GMT
Reason for closing:  Fixed
Comment by Robert Kukla (roolku) - Saturday, 12 July 2008, 00:07 GMT
On 15/05/2008 a strict check for partition type was added:

http://svn.rockbox.org/viewvc.cgi/trunk/firmware/common/disk.c?r1=17529;r2=17530;pathrev=17530

and I suspect this is the reason for the error. If you have access to a partition tool, disk editor or similar utility could you perhaps check what your partition type is and if it differs from:

0x0b, 0x1b, /* FAT32 + hidden variant */
0x0c, 0x1c, /* FAT32 (LBA) + hidden variant */

You could then either change it to the appropriate value or if it is a valid value that we have missed, we will add it to the list.
Comment by Dave Beedle (dbeedle) - Saturday, 12 July 2008, 15:44 GMT
Thanks for the help. As it turns out the partition on the player was not the right type and had other problems. I used PartedMagic to look at the disk and it reported a few oddities in the partition table. I removed, re-created and formated the partition and am now in working order. My guess is the partition table had become corrupted over time. It has been quite some time since I have paid it any attention.

Loading...