Warning: Undefined array key "useheading" in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parser/xhtml.php on line 1099 Warning: Undefined array key "target" in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parser/xhtml.php on line 557 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/rockbox/flyspray/plugins/dokuwiki/inc/parser/xhtml.php on line 557 FS#9210 : ASAP plugin

Rockbox

  • Status Closed
  • Percent Complete
    100%
  • Task Type Patches
  • Category Plugins
  • Assigned To No-one
  • Operating System All players
  • Severity Low
  • Priority Defer
  • Reported Version Daily build (which?)
  • Due in Version Undecided
  • Due Date Undecided
  • Votes
  • Private
Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by Domonoky - 2008-07-23
Last edited by Domonoky - 2008-07-26

FS#9210 - ASAP plugin

Hi,

i made a first attempt for a ASAP (http://asap.sourceforge.net/) port to Rockbox.
This is a very crude port of the asap2wav program to a rockbox plugin.
It works as a Viewer and converts a .sap file to “test.wav” in the root folder. (test.wav has to exist before).

On Simulator it works nicly, but not on Target.
It tested it on a m:robe100 and it runs without error, but does not produce correct sound.
I only get loud cracking and such in the wav file.

I suspect this is because of some endianess problems. (our targets are big-endian, where pc is little-endian).
EDIT: m:robe100 is LE, so it cant be endian problems.

At the moment i dont know where and how to attack this problem, as the asap code seems to have nearly no way to tell if something is gone wrong. (and its full of a MACRO hell )

so if others want to join the fun, jump in :-)

   asap.patch (613.1 KiB)
Closed by  Domonoky
2008-07-26 15:43
Reason for closing:  Accepted

I also did the same thing… Here’s my attempt (just the apps/plugins/asap2wav/ directory, not a patch).

Here is now a patch with asap as a codec.

Its still very early, no metadata parser is in place, so songlengh others are fake.

But it plays sound without problems. I tested on sim and on m:robe100.
On m:robe100 i got ~850% realtime. so no performance problems :-)

edit:
forgot to remove the memset.
delete line 118 in apps/codecs/asap.c

i think i messed up the patch.
new try:

Attached is a fixed test-codec2.patch (apps/codecs/asap.c was missing)

bertrik’s patch worked successfully. I managed to compile a working build with SAP support on my Sansa c240.

I get ~160.19% realtime, according to test_codec.

Decode time - 16.23s
File duration - 26.00s

last patch for today.

now with metadata parser.

elapsed_time and sub_songs, seeking handling still missing.

Now it plays and seeks correctly.
Only thing missing is SubSong handling. At the moment it always plays the default song.

Edit:
small fix, so it correctly works on big-endian targets.

Loading...

Available keyboard shortcuts

Tasklist

Task Details

Task Editing