Rockbox Developer Conference - Euro Edition! 2014
Date and Location
When: 13-15 June 2014
Where: Aleje Jerozolimskie 125/127 room 503, Warsaw, Poland
These people are going to show up. Please add your route/airport and expected time of arrival.
Since we can code and IRC at home, too, we should focus on helpful group activities.
- Conference room will be available from 17:00
Ideas for discussion
Ideas for hacking
Bring your own laptop and DAP devices of choice. There should be enough power outlets, although only European. Bring converters if you need them. Unrestricted wifi access ethernet access will be available. A USB hub might be helpful. A webcam for friends who can't attend physically would be great (see below).
Feel free to add extra things onto this list if you feel it is necessary (such as unported targets/etc)
- Decent camera(s) for posterity - ???
- WebCam for live feed? - ???
- Basic Tools, paperclips, soldering stations,... - MarcinBukat (everything in place)
- Espresso machine - MarcinBukat (in place)
How to get there
- From Warsaw "Chopin" Airport
- Take the bus 175 at the airport (tickets available in ticket-machine on bus stop or in the bus itself). The destination bus stop is "Plac Zawiszy" just in front of the host location. It should not take more then half an hour.
- Or alternatively you can catch SKM suburban train at the airport. The destination station "Warszawa Ochota" is located on the other side of the street then host location.
- From Modlin Airport
- There are trains and coaches connecting airport with city center. The airport location is rather inconvenient though.
- By train
- Long distance trains stop on "Warszawa Centralna" main station. There you need to catch a tram going trough "Plac Zawiszy". Any tram in that direction stops there.
- By car
- I strongly discourage anyone to go there by car as finding parking place is problematic.
PLN (Polski złoty).
Local language is Polish.
Hotels and Room Sharing
- Hotels Golden Tulip and Hotel Sobieski are located in the nearest proximity of the host location. There are plenty of other options in reasonable distance.
- We will have breakfast at the conference location
We can buy beer at the local market nearby. Possible pub visits will have to be investigated.
There are several restaurants and fast food places nearby. The local markets will have anything we need on the conference location.
- 12 May 2014
Copyright © by the contributing authors.